Video streaming has always been a touchy subject with Apple. There were a few issues reported even when Google first released its official YouTube client for iOS. With the passage of time though, developers found ways of sneaking streaming apps into the App Store. Apple is always quick to crack down on such apps though. If you have a jailbroken iDevice, there are plenty of ways to get your hands on some good streaming apps. For others, however, there are still some ways of installing apps directly from the web. The trend started by the Test Flight app (created to let developers beta test iPhone apps) has been going strong for quite some time now. Movie Box is another iPhone app that can be downloaded directly from the web, without having to pay anything. The app lets you stream popular latest and classic Hollywood movies entirely for free!
Movie Box Installation
To install the app on your iPhone, follow the below steps.
- Before you can get your hands on Movie Box, you will have to download its installer named VShare. This can be done by visiting the following link on your iPhone’s web browser.
Movie Box Downloader
- From the VShare main page, tap the ‘Download (unjailbroken)’ button.
- Wait for VShare to finish installing. It should appear on your iPhone’s Springboard.
- Launch the VShare app.
- Hit the search button and key in “Movie Box”.
- Tap the ‘Download’ button next to the search result at the top. It should have a grey logo with a dotted yellow line.
- Wait for the new app to finish installing.
Make sure you choose the ‘Trust’ option wherever it appears in a dialog box during the process.
Movie Box Usage
Once Movie Box has been installed, you can start using it just like an App Store download. The app’s main page lists all the latest movies on offer, while it is also possible to search for a particular title. Movie Box is also perfect for those who are just looking for some casual fun. The app can let you filter movies based on their genre and release period.
When it comes to streaming, Movie Box’s results are quite decent. You can download a title, or stream it in any quality you want. The app also recommends movies based on your current choice.
Of course, Movie Box is a constant target of blockages by Apple. It goes down occasionally, but if you are just a little patient, the service is likely to be up in due course. The app works well on both iPhone and iPad. So, if you are looking for a painless way to watch movies on your iOS device, Movie Box is the go-to option.